Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Preparing to Leave Mexico

So much to write and so little time! I have new pictures of new foods and stories about another wonderful couple, also with two boys. Geninne and Manuel live two blocks from the Hacienda in a brand new house they designed and built. We spent hours that felt like minutes again. We discovered that they and Ana know some of the same people. In a city of 20 million people, I think that’s incredible. I have pictures of us feeding the ducks as well. I’ll come back and replace this with a fuller story a little later but it’s late and we are getting ready to return to Indiana tomorrow. Ana will be looking for a dress and we will start the immigration process as well as we can.

Unfortunately, the application process requires documentation supporting the marriage but the fee we paid to get married doesn’t include documentation. I had to print a form from the internet requesting copies; take the form to a bank to pay the fee; make copies of the validated form, receipt and some other pages and return to the civil office to submit the paperwork to ask for the copies. I was told the copies would be ready on Friday. Not too bad but we are leaving on Wednesday. Unless I can get someone to pick up the copies and send them on Friday, I will have to wait until Ana returns to Mexico to send them. This is not atypical based on our experience so far. Check this page again in a day for the updated, fuller version.

No comments: