Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday with Family and Friends


It was a long and simple day today. We went to church today where nearly 20 were baptized. Each had written a testimony that was read just before their baptism.

In the afternoon the entire family met for our wedding dinner. We didn’t go to El Arroyo but to Enrique’s instead. Enrique’s also has a dinner show and thanks to Homero, Ana’s oldest brother, we had a table next to the stage. During the show the performers were congratulating those with birthdays, anniversaries or other special events. They called our names and announced our wedding and then asked “What are you doing here?!”


Everyone in the family has been incredibly kind and supportive throughout this entire adventure. Ana was concerned in the very beginning about how her father and oldest brother would respond to someone coming to take their little girl/baby sister away. They have been the best though. I told Ana early on that I realized marriage included the entire family and I couldn’t be happier with hers.

After dinner we met new friends Anna and Aaron and their two sons. We were there two or three hours but it seemed like 15 minutes. Anna is Mexican and Aaron is Canadian (I didn’t know that happened) so they understand what we are, and will be, experiencing. I’m looking forward to coming back and enjoying more of their enthusiasm and encouragement. I’m kicking myself though because I took the camera in with us and forgot to get a picture. Next time!!

History
I didn’t learn until some time later that this relationship almost ended. About two weeks before the trip, three days after buying the tickets, Ana was ready to cancel the trip. Here she describes what happened…



After work one day, I was speaking with a friend about
men, marriage, God and His plans. While driving home
I remembered that one verse that says husbands must
love their wife as Jesus loves the church. So I decided
that Brian could not love me that way or even half than
Jesus loves the church, and that the best thing was for
him to not come, and that I needed to cancel the trip and
to stop this madness! When I arrived at the house we did
not have power and therefore we did not have Internet
and obviously then we could not chat online. That night
Brian called me on the telephone and we spoke a little and
I thought that it would be best to wait until the next day
to break everything off. The next day, in the morning,
Brian sent a message to me that said the previous night
he was praying because God taught to him love me as
Jesus loves the church… After that I could not tell him
that he could not come… I had to discover that it was
what God had for us!


Thank God for prayer!

No comments: